Alexa is responding with an error message
Alexa response: "You must connect your U by Moen account to use this skill. Please use the Alexa app to link your U by Moen account."
- Reason: U by Moen skill has not been enabled and connected to the users U by Moen account
- Solution: Enable the U by Moen skill within the Alexa app and connect the U by Moen account to the Alexa account
Alexa response: "The temperature you've requested is higher than the max temperature setting on the shower."
- Reason: The requested temperature is higher than the "Maximum Temperature Setting" within the U by Moen app for that shower.
- Solution: Select a temperature below the "Maximum Temperature Setting" when activating your shower with Alexa
Alexa response: "The temperature you've requested is not a valid number."
- Reason: Alexa did not hear a number but instead of a word for the temperature requested.
- Solution: Request a valid temperature number with your Alexa voice command
Alexa response: "Hmm, I couldn't find a preset by that name, try again."
- Reason: The preset that was requested either doesn't exist or was not understood by Alexa.
- Solution: Make sure you say the preset name clearly and exactly as it in your U by Moen app. Another option is to simplify the preset name to something more discernable
Assure your Alexa device is well positioned for optimal interaction: place it at least eight inches from any walls and windows; assure there's no echo or reverb in the room. Additional device help and support can be found at www.amazon.com